Hi makeup friends!! I am so happy to be bringing you my first guest post ever! My beautiful friend Susie from Blushed and Bronzed is bringing us one of the first of several Holiday gift guides I will be posting over the next few weeks!! After you’ve checked out all her suggestions head on over to follow her blog and her stunning Instagram feed!! She is such a makeup loving inspo!
A Beauty Lover’s Gift Guide:
I know, I know…it’s not even Thanksgiving yet!?!! But we need to discuss Holiday shopping for beauty lovers NOW because brands are releasing their holiday sets and kits which could be sold out by Thanksgiving.
Let’s start out with a couple of tips:
- Get a gift receipt! If you’re buying for a serious beauty fanatic, chances are they may have that item already.
- Check for deals! Companies are gearing up for the giving season with all kinds of promotions, coupon codes and special bundles…so don’t forget to do your research, google some coupon codes (or wait for sales you know will come about i.e. Sephora VIB) to get more bang for your buck.
- My biggest tip is to listen and observe to what your girlfriend/friend/coworker/sibling/mom likes and wants. If they never wear eye shadow, then you probably don’t want to buy them the Urban Decay Vice palette, know what I mean?
On with the gift ideas!
- A lighted mirror – I recently spotted one at Costco for around $15! You can go really really high end with a full on vanity all the way to a very basic standalone mirror or even a cute blinged out hand held mirror with LED lighting. Blinged out handheld, Conair Double Sided Makeup Mirror, Vanity Girl Broadway Lighted Mirror.
- Palettes – As I said above, every brand is coming out with their holiday collections and there is something for EVERYONE. Eye shadow, blush and highlight palettes, lipstick sets, lip gloss kits, you name it. If you have a beauty lover that is brand loyal, you may want to get the big holiday palette from that company. If the person you are buying for never wears eye shadow, get them a blush palette! Some of my picks are the Tarte At First Blush Deluxe Amazonian Clay Blush Set, Becca Cosmetics After Glow Palette. Or if the reverse is true, get them an eye shadow palette! Get them a colorful palette like the Urban Decay Vice 4 palette if they like playing with colors or the Tarte Light of the Party palette for those that like neutrals.
- Lip Kits – This is the same idea as above, only you get a value set of lipsticks or lip glosses rather than eye shadows or blushes. Some great sets are the Tarte Lips for Daze LipSurgence set, Bite Beauty’s Best Bite Rewind, Kat Von D’s Mi Vida Loca Studded Kiss lip set, Clinique Kisses, Anastasia Beverly Hills Lustrous Lip Gloss Set, etc!
- Makeup Storage – Makeup storage items are a great gift for a beauty lover, and I particularly like the clear acrylic kind. I have a few different types and I’ll link them for you here! 5-Tier Acrylic Organizer, 3-drawer Acrylic Organizer, Acrylic lipstick holder, Acrylic Brush Holder.
- Perfume – This one is a little bit difficult because scent is very If you know your loved one’s signature scent go ahead and buy it! (a gift receipt is a good idea here). If not,Sephora comes out with fabulous sets each year where you can try a variety of fragrances and redeem a gift card for your favorite one.
- Gift Cards – Never underestimate a gift card. When in doubt, buy a Sephora or Ulta giftcard and you will be loved. Don’t forget Nordstroms, Macysand Amazon are great gift card options as well!
Good Luck and Happy Shopping beauties!